News Detail


May, 2020


Hello Southridge Family,

We hope this message finds your family healthy and safe. We are writing to you to give you all an update on the Spring 2020 season. We have had Conference calls with District 71, there have been several options being discussed in District Level Meetings for the most part is how we plan to continue to extend the season into the summer.

As you all may have heard Little League International has cancelled the Little League World Series but they have also told us that playing a regular season and playing in local all star tournaments should be our focus..

That is our focus now! We are trying to get as many players as we can to play as many games as possible THIS season. We all know this season will look like none other we have experienced but we are working on different scenarios that allow our children to play baseball and softball at some point this summer. Shutdowns in our State are still in effect. There are some States that are loosening up their Restrictions that’s why Little League International is still waiting to make another decision.                

In March, "Under Executive Order from Governor Newsom, Policy Directive of the State Department of Public Health and order of the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health the City of Fontana is suspending the rental of City facilities and ball fields until further notice.  The safety of our residents and surrounding communities is our utmost priority and we hope you understand with the situation of COVID-19" our decisions will be based partly on what state and local officials tell us and that is why information is coming out slowly.

         As Little League international guides us and State and Local Officials give us all the green light to proceed we cannot make concrete decisions as to how the 2020 season will continue. With that being said, we can’t make decisions on credits for Future Season or  partial refunds (Exact Amount is being calculated after cost for Uniforms, Field Equipment, Insurance, Chartering fees, Etc. have been deducted).

I know that everyone reading this has a little one playing in this league as do I, so know that I don't take this responsibility lightly. I ask everyone to please be patient with us as we have never been in a situation like this, and will try to get answers for you on the outcome of the season when they come available to us.

On Behalf of The SRLL Board Of Directors

Please Stay Safe and Healthy


Rey Cruz


Local Sponsors